By Charlie Riley
We Need Neva Parker for California Assembly District 5.
Neva’s campaign has started fund raising. They are holding house parties and other events but need our support both with money, critical for her candidacy, and very soon with canvasing and phone banking.
You can visit her website and donate here: Neva Parker For Assembly District 5
Joe Patterson, the Republican Incumbent, has strong backing from the Republicans and their PACs. He has already received large donations from as far away as New York, Texas, and Washington, DC. So far Patterson has raised $199,829.79 in 110 contributions for the 2024 election.
To make this even more painful and close to home, on June 30 of this year, Greg and Kathy Fairrington, Pastors of the Destiny Church, each gave $5,500 for a total of $11,000 The Destiny Church is made up the same folks that attack our schools, fight social justice, attack Black Lives Matter, LGBTQ rights and more. Seeing them donate to Joe Patterson’s campaign only affirms how important this is to Placer Dems that we help Neva now before any more time goes by.
The following are groups that have supported Joe Patterson in 2024, already donating at least $5000 each!
- Fairrington, Greg (Destiny Church)
- Oates-Fairrington, Kathy (Destiny Church)
- The American Council for Evangelicals
- Phillips 66 Company
- Sacramento Area Fire Fighters Local 522 PAC
- Philip Morris USA Inc. and its Affiliates
- Davita, Inc. including aggregated contributions
- Edison International and Affiliated Entities
- Habematolel Pomo of Upper Lake (HPUL) Project Operations
- Northern California Carpenters Regional Council SCC
- Holt, Stephen
- com Services LLC (Andrea Fava Head of State and Local Policy at Amazon)
Please consider going online to Neva’s campaign website and leaving a donation for protecting woman’s reproductive rights, our beautiful California environment, and our children’s education and future.